Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Awaiting Japan

So I finally figured out how to use this thing, although it took many hours of helplessly starring at my computer screen! But I'm here now and very excited to be sharing with you about this trip to Japan.

What a mystery the nation of Japan is! It still blows my mind when I think of how advanced they are in technology, fashion, transportation and so many other things! Yet, under that facade of wealth and prosperity is a nation that is broken and desperately needs the love of God.
In our meeting today Colin spoke about the harsh realities that we will be facing as we step into the Japanese culture in less than 2 months! (49 days to be exact).
We were informed about the staggering suicide rates among the Japanese people with a record 2, 645 suicides committed in the month of January alone. This statistic completely broke my heart and made me aware of the pain, anger and hopelessness that plague Japanese society. My prayer is that God would replace each of those things with His love and peace and in the midst of the desperation there would be an inexplicable hope!

On a brighter note, the first copies of the Japan Missions Team CDs were sold this week. I think I'll make a shamless plug and say they are truly amazing. They are 10$ each and include original tracks from Perry, Colin and Adam, as well as short testimonials from each member of the team. If you would like to purchase a copy come find one of us! We'd be more than happy to get you one, or two, or twenty even!
Keep praying for our team as we continue to raise support for this trip. Raising such large amounts of money can be a daunting task, but I believe that each member of our team has been called of God to be a part of this trip, and because of that I have a tremendous amount of faith that He will provide!

God is good and I am completely in awe of His provision up until this point. I'm so looking forward to seeing the wonderful things He has in store for our team from here on!
Thanks so much for all your the support and prayer!!!
May God bless you,
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment